• Real-time anti-malware – protects you against new and emerging threats
By combining traditional, proactive and cloud-based anti-malware technologies, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 delivers real-time protection against the latest malware threats:
Kaspersky’s award-winning antivirus software defends your PC against all types of malware, including:
- Computer viruses
- Trojan viruses
- Bots… and more
• Cloud-assisted technology enables real-time protection
When hackers and cybercriminals release new malware, it takes time for security vendors to update their antivirus databases with a new malware signature that protects against the new threat. However, Kaspersky uses cloud-assisted technologies to ensure its customers’ PCs are protected during the period before a new malware signature has been produced.
The cloud-based Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) continually gathers information about new malware threats from millions of consenting users’ computers across the world. Armed with this information, Kaspersky helps to secure your PC against the very latest threats – without you having to wait for a new malware signature to be released.
Whether you consent to KSN automatically collecting threat information from your computer – or whether you prefer not to permit data collection – your PC will still be able to benefit from KSN’s extremely rapid response to new and emerging malware.
• Preventing the exploitation of software vulnerabilities
If your PC’s operating system – or the applications running on your PC – contain any vulnerabilities because they’ve not had the latest software patches or fixes applied, Kaspersky’s Automatic Exploit Prevention technology will:
- Control the launch of executable files from applications that contain vulnerabilities
- Assess how executable files behave – identifying similarities with malware programs
- Restrict how vulnerable applications are allowed to operate
• Protection against screen lockers
Blocker Trojan viruses can prevent you from using your PC until you pay ‘ransom’ money for the blocker’s restrictions to be removed. If a cybercriminal ever uses a Blocker Trojan to try and take control of your PC, just activate Kaspersky’s protection against screen lockers and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 will:
- Halt any dangerous processes
- Launch the relevant virus treatment procedures
• System Watcher
In the unlikely event of your PC becoming infected with malware, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 includes Kaspersky’s unique System Watcher technology that:
- Detects dangerous behaviour on your computer
- Enables you to roll back or undo most types of malicious action
And many more...